Thursday, October 13, 2011

Meet Art Journal number 10!

I'm just about ready to start a new Art Journal. Number 9 took me a year (!!!) to finish, but then this is the year where I started to do more drawing and watercolouring, so I've been doing lots of art, just not as much in my journal.

So I was on the hunt for a new journal. I still had one that I had bound myself, but seeing as I had just used a similar one for my 'Week in the Life' book (still need to upload those pictures to Flickr..), I didn't feel like using that one. I'm already using a Moleskine for pen and watercolour work, so I don't want to use another one for my Art Journal...

And then I saw Paula aka Journal Artista's blogpost about her magazine journal. How cool! With that idea fresh in mind, I went to the magazine aisle and spotted one I liked, and when I got home, I realised it was the same magazine Paula is using: a Glamour. Not too big, not too small, with enough pages to keep me busy.

Paula in her post said that (Re-)Joyce, who uses a magazine for her daily journal too. Joyce puts lined paper in her journal as well, Paula told us. So of course I had to go and check out Joyce's Ustream to see how she did that. I have been using Number 9 for journaling a lot, so I think that's a great idea!

So the last two evenings I've been sitting here gluing pages together. Three or four, depending on if the next page was one I wanted to keep or not. I'd put a weight on it overnight so it would dry nice and flat (well, ish, because it's still thin magazine paper glued together..) and loving the result.

Last night, I was looking for some sturdy paper to stick to the covers to make them more durable when I decided on using the white duct tape I was going to use for just the spine. It took three layers before you could not longer see the original cover shining through, but that only makes the covers more sturdy so I don't mind.

So here you go, Art Journal number 10, who I'm sure will be as much an 'everything goes' journal as number 9 is:






Can't wait to start working in it! Thanks Paula and Joyce for the inspiration!

3 comments:

  1. OH Eveline its FABULOUS! I am working on getting mine ready also, its a slow & steady process between project deadlines.
    It is SO FUN to use something you otherwise wouldn't have thought of - I am using a Spanish fashion mag for mine.
    Let the journaling begin!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how cool! I'll be gesso'ing over most of the pages I think, maybe not the lighter photo pages so I can journal straight onto them. Reminds me a bit of when I was about 15 and had a penpal who used to write me long letters on popstar posters. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. very kewl Eveline{and yes i am trying to get my version of your name out of my head :-)} must remember to keep myself posted on your progress.

    ReplyDelete