Sunday, July 17, 2011

New faces

So last night I stumbed across this Youtube video:


It's a different way to draw faces. I start with a shape and then eyes, and work my way down to the mouth. So I decided to give it a try:


I like! When I draw the mouth, I have no idea yet if the face will be a man or a woman, a child or an older person. I just let my pen decide, not so much me, if that makes sense. (Might be the allergy pills at work, who knows?)

And they become their own little characters.
The spoilt child:

The librarian:

The 70's schoolteacher:

The man who, in a previous life, was quite the big man in town:

The shy 30-something:


Think I'll keep this up for a while and see how it will develop for me.

2 comments:

  1. ohh lots of fun and they look fairly simple to play with and enjoy messing up hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. i had this workshop in the 2nd 21 & thought it quite fun

    ReplyDelete