Thursday, June 9, 2011

Index Card A Day

I think it was about two weeks ago when I did my usual round of creative blog favourites and stumbled across the lovely Tammy's Daisy Yellow (I highly recommend this blog if you've never been there, if only for the yummy pictures not to mention all the great ideas and inspiration you'll find there), and noticed she was about to start another project.

Index Card A Day: doodle, paint, write, collage, stamp, stitch, whateverrrrr you can think of, one index card per day for June, July and August (you get to have one ICAD-free day per week!). Start any time before the 15th of June, there's no need to 'catch up' (but of course I already decided to do just that), just start!

While I know I said 'Daily don't work for me', I think one index card per day sounds very doable. And if I don't do one every day I can do two every two days, or three every... well, you get the picture.

Now who knew it was so difficult to get your hands on simple index cards? I had to go to three stores to finally find some, and then they turned out to be smaller than the regular ones. But oh well, I've bought them and I will use them!

So I spend about half a day yesterday hole punching them, adding reinforcers on all said holes and pre-gessoing one month's worth of index cards. The rings I wanted to bind them with were too small for all three months' worth of cards to fit, so I'm binding them per month.

Here are the cover for June and my first few cards:
Kraft tape and Sharpie, can't be more simple!

I named this one 'Sleep'.

Derwent Inktense and Pastell pencils and Pitt pen.

Derwent Inktense pencils, ink, hand painted Micropore tape and postage stamps.

Derwent Inktense pencils, ink, hand painted Micropore tape and postage stamps.

Ink and Derwent Inktense pencils.

I don't particularly think that all of these cards are Masterpieces, but my view on these is that it's not so much about the individual card as it is about the collection I'll have when I finish this challenge.

Over the next few months I will be posting regular updates on these Index Card A Day cards, and I'll be Tweeting about it using '#icad'. I hope you'll join in on the fun! Oh, and there's a Flickr group too so you can show off your work! And if you're stuck on ideas, go to Daisy Yellow for weekly prompts!

3 comments:

  1. Awww, thank you very much! I'm already having a lot of fun with this and really it's only day 2 for me, so thank you for thinking of this cool challenge to keep me busy this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are awesome! My favorite is the Sleep one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the way you are putting them on a ring binder. I think you are right, they will 'read' differently as a complete set.

    ReplyDelete