Sunday, March 20, 2011

Art journals caught on film

The lovely Rhomany recently wrote two blogposts about art journals in TV-shows.

I have to say, I always get excited when I spot someone in a TV-series or film with an art journal or even a cool looking notebook. Unfortunately it's usually the loonies or baddies that keep a journal with lots of paint, scary pictures or thoughts dripping off the page, but still, I love it when I spot one!

And then I remembered Elisabethtown, with Orlando Bloom and Kirsten Dunst. I thought the film itself was rather boring, I watched it a year or so ago and can't even tell you exactly what the film is about (thank the Internet gods for IMDB, "During an outrageous memorial for a Southern patriarch, an unexpected romance blooms between a young woman and man.") but what I do remember is the journal Kirsten Dunst's character makes for Orlando Bloom's character in the film.

It's a visual journal come road map kind of thing, and from what I remember it was packed with pictures, actual maps and little notes and it even had a 'mixed tape' CD in it for him to listen to while taking a road trip. A travel guide but much, much cooler.

I tried to look for images online, but could not find any.
So here are the only two I took from Youtube clips, no copyright infringement intended:

3 comments:

  1. This is the next one I have to post! Great minds eh? I've got some good screencaps from it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen the movie but was ticked when I found out they had filmed part of it in Oklahoma. I could have stalked Orlando Bloom! (I might have to watch it now)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i KNOW!!! I went out and bought the movie because of her map. And decided to drive from Chicago to LA on Route 66 so I could do a map like that. Oh, I may have to go watch it again!!!

    ReplyDelete