Thursday, January 27, 2011

Try It OutThursday ; stamps

It's been a while since I last did a Try It Out Thursday post, but, inspired by Traci Bunkers' 30 days of carving I decided to try out stamp carving.

Well, that's not completely true. I have done some stamp carving before, but I did those using a silly little knife that did not cut properly. I bought a woodcarving set and I can tell you, that makes all the difference!

I got some cheap, soft erasers that I knew would not be any problem carving.
First, I sketched out a design on a piece of paper, and then on the stamp. I put some markings on the pieces that needed to be carved out, because knowing me I would cut the wrong bit...

Then I started to cut:

and tried it out:



I carved three more stamps:







And these are all of them together:



It's such a fun little project that did not take up a lot of time but had maximum results as far as I'm concerned. I can't wait to do more, including different shaped stamps. I'll be keeping an eye out for stamps!

....ohhhdearrricanfeelanewaddictioncomingon.....

1 comment:

  1. oooh I especially love how well that wavy line one meets up to form a long continuous wave

    ReplyDelete