Thursday, November 18, 2010

Try It Out Thursday

Remember the Kraft tape I was talking about? I took it a step futher and made my own decorative tape!

Two weeks ago, Leslie Herger was doing her weekly Ustream show on turning medical tapes into decorative tapes by adding some paint, and I decided that I could not wait until I could get my hands on Micropore, but use my Kraft tape.

Here's what I did:

I started off with putting the tape on a cover of a catalogue I wasn't going to buy anything from anyway.


Then I painted and painted and painted, using acrylics paint in colours I like. Some I kept in one colour, some painted in a few different colours.


I doodled on some of them, others I drew lines on so I could write on them later.


I then stuck them to grease proof paper. Because my Art Journal has handy pockets throughout the journal, they're right there when I want them. I keep the catalogue covers in there too in case I feel the urge to paint some more tape.

Here are a few Art Journal pages I've used the tapes on:






It's highly addictive and such an easy project you could do it with children too. And don't stop at using the tape for your Art Journal, you can use them for scrapbooking projects, labels, cards, and wrapping presents.. I'm sure you can think of many more uses for these tapes.

I know what I'll be asking Father Christmas for this year: more tape!

4 comments:

  1. These are awesome! I might just have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so easy to give this a try. But be careful, it is highly addictive. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! I've only used packing tape for transfers... I'll have to find some kraft tape & give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Please do! Leslie used Micropore tape, and that was really nice too. You could use water colours on those if you want, that won't work on the Kraft tape.

    Have fun with it and make sure you post pics on your blog or show them off on Twitter!

    ReplyDelete