Thursday, January 28, 2010

I made an Art Journal!

Leslie Herger, or Comfortable Shoes on Youtube, is currently running a workshop on Artjournaling.Ning.com.

Last night, I finished making my first proper Art Journal, and I'm well chuffed with the result.

This is the cover I made before putting it in the flower press overnight to dry.

Because I do not have a bookbinding awl, I used this children's puncture set, and it worked a charm. We picked it up in 'Euroland' in Holland, so guess how much it cost?


I don't have a bone folder either, but last year I picked up some clay tools at a car boot sale, figuring I'd be scraping paint with them. Who knew this one would turn out to be such a great bone, well.. wood folder..


I used the pages out of a book on plants and flowers. I was going to use the book as an Art Journal, but it turned out the pages were glued instead of stitched. But that doesn't mean I can't use the papers for a brand new, hand made Art Journal, right?


And now the pages are stitched!


Now do I like this side....


..or maybe this side?

6 comments:

  1. I love it!!! You did a great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh I love the red side. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you all so much! I'm so happy with the result, keep playing with it, thinking of all the great stuff I'll put in it. But first I need to finish my current art journal....

    ReplyDelete